I have recently made some excellent contacts within the Knoxville IT Community and have gotten some feedback about some of the applicants I am working with. According to the Powers that Be, people must really maintain their competency within their area of expertise. In order to do this people have to make an important decision to invest in updating and maintaining their skill sets to meet the demands of the industry. Updating your skill sets to meet these demands requires taking some courses, taking certification exams and remaining ahead of the curve.
One of the most interesting things I have learned(which I knew but seem to overlook because I try to conduct myself in a professional manner at all times) is the importance of soft skills. Definition of Soft Skills http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soft_skills according to Wikipedia. Having Soft Skills is important and very relevant which is why Comp TIA has made it a part of the A+ training in its 2006 objectives. The reason I am talking about this is because if you want a job in an IT Department you must be able to function as part of the IT team, consult with the AP Dept., Sales, Management, and most importantly Customers. Some advice to all of you who want a job as an IT Professional, take a look at the later part of that title and make any needed adjustments.
Multiple Power Four programs face College Sports Commission investigations
over alleged NIL cap evasion
-
Between five and 10 schools, including multiple College Football Playoff
contenders, face scrutiny over third-party arrangements designed to skirt
spending...
15 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment